MONTHLY SPECIALS

***MONTHLY SPECIALS***
Valentines Day Special! One dozen Valentines cookies, half original shortbread, half chocolate - $25 (reg $30)
(shipping additional)

Friday, October 22, 2010

Almond Pumpkin Spice Pancakes!

Since this weeks cookies were just more of the same, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, I thought instead of sharing cookies, I'd share a recipe!  Obviously I love to cook, otherwise, why would I have started a cookie business.  My love of cooking isn't just for baking and decorating though, I am a true foodie.  I love trying new foods (within reason, no frog legs for me thank you!), new recipes, and especially making up recipes of my own.  The one I'll share this week is my Almond Pumpkin Spice Pancakes.

As I'm sure most of you have a similar problem, it is nearly impossible some days to get any vegetables into my kids, my younger ones anyway.  I'm a big fan of the cookbook, Deceptively Delicious, so I've taken inspiration from some of those recipes.  The Almond Pumpkin Spice Pancakes manages to sneak in not only sweet potatoes but ground almonds as well, two great superfoods!

Ingredients:

3/4 c. milk
2 tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup sweet potato puree
1 egg
1 tsp almond extract
1 cup flour
1/2 cup almond flour (finely ground almonds)
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp pumpkin spice

Combine milk, butter, egg, sweet potato and almond extract in bowl and whisk together.  In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well.  Add dry ingredients and stir well until there are no lumps.  Heat a large skillet or griddle, and coat with cooking spray or butter.  Pour batter onto griddle into your desired size of pancakes, flip once bubbles appear, and cook until brown on the other side.  Serve with your favorite syrup and enjoy! The measurements above are for a smaller batch, but I usually make twice and much and freeze the extra pancakes between sheets of wax paper.  Then, when my kids want pancakes on a morning when I don't really have time to make them from scratch, I just pull them out of the freezer and pop them in the toaster.

Next time I'll share a dinner recipe.  It's a favorite of my 15 year old, Creamy Sausage & Tomato Pasta.  If I tell him I'm making this it's pretty much guarantee he'll stay home for dinner with no arguments!  I'll have to make it again though before I share it.  Since it's another invention of mine, I'll need to write down the actual measurements.  For my recipe originals, I usually just eyeball everything!  Another hint, this one sneaks in more secret vegetables :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. These pancakes sound wonderful! I'm going to try them this weekend - I'm sure the kids will love them! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! It looks yummy, but I never grow tired of seeing your cookies either! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower from the Monday Blog Hops! Come check out my blog at: http://adventuresofathriftymommy.blogspot.com/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I am a new follower from Monday Blog Hop. Slowly but surely making my rounds. Been too busy of a week!
    http://www.mommiesandbeyond.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I am your newest follower from a Monday Blog Hop! I would love for you to follow me back at one or all four of my blogs :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
    http://motherdaughterconnection.blogspot.com/
    http://jmconsultingservices.blogspot.com/

    Thank you and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete