MONTHLY SPECIALS

***MONTHLY SPECIALS***
Valentines Day Special! One dozen Valentines cookies, half original shortbread, half chocolate - $25 (reg $30)
(shipping additional)

Sunday, January 23, 2011

For the love of marshmallows...

So as you know, I recently added marshmallows to the Dandy Delights line-up.  Back before Christmas, I had seen a few posts and links to flavored marshmallows on Facebook and some of the blogs that I follow.  I had received some tasty chocolate ones from Williams-Sonoma as a hostess gift a few years back, but had never considered that I could make them myself.  So I bookmarked a few marshmallow recipes I found on-line and then the craziness of Christmas cookies began and they were sort of swept to the back of my head, hiding in the cobwebs with countless other 'ideas' I have had (sort of like the chair I started re-upholstering eight years ago that remains halfway done up in our loft! I will finish it!!!).

Fast forward to January.  In talking with Natalie at Southern Belle's Charm about her Valentines party that she was planning, she asked if I did marshmallows because she had really been wanting to use some on one of her FAB dessert tables.  Well, that and a bad case of kitchen ADD was all the prodding I needed to dig that idea back out of the attic and give it a try.  Since orange was one of the colors in her plan, my first flavor attempt was {Orange Creme}, and I must say, they were PHENOMENAL!  The ones I sent to Natalie were pale orange and heart shaped, and I also threw in some mini-heart shortbread cookies as well.



Photo courtesy of Southern Belle's Charm
Photo courtesy of Southern Belle's Charm


 











The weekend after I made that first batch, my husband and I were getting together for wine and apps at a friends house in the neighborhood.  I brought the rest of the marshmallows and they were a big hit.  We even sparked up the stovetop and found that they get even better toasted!

The next two batches included {Vanilla Butter Nut} and {Cherry Vanilla}.  For the {Cherry Vanilla} batch I was bringing them for the dessert stop at our neighborhood progressive dinner, so I covered some of them in dark chocolate and some in white chocolate, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, like candy baby!

The most recent batch (which are one of the prizes in the super-fab Valentines giveaway going on right now over at Celebration Today...The Superchick Way!) are strawberry covered in dark chocolate.

Who knew marshmallows could look so elegant?


Next Up: {Butterscotch Marshmallows} 
Not because I actually have an order for them or anything, but just because I HAVE to try them in hot chocolate!!!  One batch makes quite a bit, so let me know if you want any.  I don't think my jeans will be happy with me if I eat them all myself!  

5 comments:

  1. I tried my hand at some peppermint ones this winter, they were super fun to make. The chocolate covered marshmallows look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peppermint ones would be good in hot chocolate too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love the combination of marshmallow and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!!!

    Now following from http://www.babydealsdujour.com/blog
    We track all of the baby daily deals in real-time. Would love for you to stop by and follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your work!! I will keep you in mind for sure for my upcoming events!!!

    ReplyDelete