MONTHLY SPECIALS

***MONTHLY SPECIALS***
Valentines Day Special! One dozen Valentines cookies, half original shortbread, half chocolate - $25 (reg $30)
(shipping additional)

Saturday, January 1, 2011

My resolution: Keep up my blog better!

Happy New Year everyone!  Sorry to have been so MIA over the last month, but I was chained to my kitchen making hundreds of Christmas cookies :)  I promise to be better in the coming year about keeping up the blog, so I'm starting fresh with a New Years Day post!

2010 was a great year, lots of fun cookies made, new flavors invented, great new connections made through The Childrens Party Network, and now new products added in addition to cookies!  Thanks to my total ADD in the kitchen (I'm always wanting to try new things!) and the encouragement of a new connection, I have now added handmade marshmallows to the Dandy Delights product line.  My first experiment was orange cream marshmallows.  According to the group of six friends/neighbors that inhaled them at a get-together, they were a grand success!  One genius friend even fired up the stove-top and starting toasting them, making them even better.  Note to fans though: Do not roast marshmallows on a metal fork.  Your tongue will not be happy ;)  We switched to bamboo skewers after that :)

 




Orange Cream Marshmallows topped
with original shortbread cookies









Since there was nothing left of the orange cream batch on the 30th, of course I HAD to make more for New Years Eve.  The second flavor was Vanilla Butter Nut, equally tasty.





As I mentioned before, I had the great pleasure of making lots of new party people friends this year over at CPN, some of which turned into fun, creative collaborations.  As many of you saw on a previous post, my first collaboration was with Khaliah over at The Party Muse on a Halloween cookie giveaway.  I also had the pleasure of working with Deanna at Pink Laundry Events, Genevieve from Celebration TODAY... The Superchick Way!, Kim at Little Ladybug Designs, Nicole at Dough-A-Deer,  and my good friend (and also huge supporter and great encouragement!) Terri at Terri's Party Treasures and Crafty Workin Mommy.  If you haven't tried Terri's cake balls yet, get to her site ASAP!!!  They are sooooo good!  I was also able to inspire a good friend into business herself, Nikki at The Sweetest Thing.  It's been great having a friend in the same business to share tips, tricks, and ideas with.  




For Deanna at
Pink Laundry Events








                  

For Genevieve at
Celebration TODAY
(aka Superchick!)










        


One of the multiple fun orders I had the pleasure of doing for Terri at Terri's Treasures


















For Kim at Little Ladybug Designs    









Stay tuned for more pics on upcoming team projects for Valentines Day.  And remember, nothing says "I Love You" like a custom decorated cookie!  Ok, maybe diamonds do too, but I prefer cookies!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Sara, it has been a flast these past few months working more with you. 2011 Will be great for both of us!! Heres to more collaborations and me sampling your new flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great resolution... Hope I can do the same!! Looking forward to getting some cookies from ya soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all guilty of neglecting our blogs at times! I can't wait to see what awesome creations you come up with this year:) Wishing you every success, Jane :) http://louandjane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete