MONTHLY SPECIALS

***MONTHLY SPECIALS***
Valentines Day Special! One dozen Valentines cookies, half original shortbread, half chocolate - $25 (reg $30)
(shipping additional)

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Are you ready for some football?

 Well, ok, so maybe not football, but how about a really great spread of food, maybe some friends and a lot of funny new commercials? YEAH OKAY!!! NOW WE'RE EXCITED!!!  

I like football enough to know what some of the positions are, probably name some players, and even understand a few plays (that one really turns my husband on ;) but it doesn't really matter to me who wins on Sunday.  Since my husband throws some money down the toilet every year, ummm, I mean, is a Detroit Lions season ticket holder, I am required to be a Lions fan.  Aside from that, my favorite player is Peyton Manning, not because of his football skills, but because he was really funny when he hosted Saturday Night Live!  So for me, the Super Bowl is strictly a social event.  We usually end up inviting a few friends over for the game and let the all kids have the run of the house while the parents hang out and watch the game and stuff our faces.  As far as I'm concerned, no Super Bowl party is complete without good food.  To be more specific, heart attack-inducing, grease-staining, finger-lickin' good football food.
 
At my house, of course there will be football cookies and maybe some chocolate covered marshmallows, but there will also be plenty of non-dessert items to snack on.  To keep my husband happy, there will be wings with assorted hot dipping sauces (and some ranch for those who prefer not to kill their taste buds and ruin everything they eat after said wings).

Pic courtesy of allrecipes.com
Another tasty finger food we'll be having are Brown Sugar Smokies courtesy of the All Recipes website, one of my go-to sources when I'm looking for fun, new recipes to try.  I mean seriously, who doesn't love bacon-wrapped anything?  




Pic courtesy of allrecipes.com
Dips are an ever present party staple around here, and a new one I discovered (also from the All Recipes website) and served at our New Years get-together was Roasted Red Pepper Dip.  This is so amazing served with warmed Greek flatbread or na'an bread, but if you don't have those, crackers or tortilla chips will do too!





pic courtesy of allrecipes.com
And since it's probably good to serve a few more vegetables to help wash down the wings, bacon and sausages, I think I'm also going to make a batch of Avocado Salsa.  It's a pleasant change from your standard guacamole.  I've made this one before as well, and have never been disappointed.







Of course, no Dandy Delights post would be complete without COOKIES!!!


Chocolate Frosted
Peanut Butter Shortbread
Footballs








Gotta have beer at a Super Bowl party right?
















MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN!

1 comment:

  1. GO STEELERS! I am so excited to be sending the cookies to my sis but bummed that I will be missing out! Kerri

    ReplyDelete